Whitelisting** the following sites and email addresses will ensure that the Living Security Teams: CyberEscape Online license that you purchased works as intended and with minimal issues.
If whitelisting is not completed, gameplay functionality could break during a session.
To ensure smooth gameplay for all, users that can not freely connect to our gameplay servers will be prevented from entering a session. Therefore, the whitelisting process** is necessary to allow your employees to play through the virtual escape room.
Email notifications addresses:
*.contentful.com (specifically cdn.contentful.com) port 443
*.cloudinary.com (specifically living-security-res.cloudinary.com)
If you would like specific Twilio host names to whitelist, please refer to this regional list of host names in the top section of this support article: https://www.twilio.com/docs/video/ip-addresses
If you continue to have connectivity issues, please review the additional whitelisting and debugging tools found here:
- Twilio IP Address Whitelisting: https://www.twilio.com/docs/video/ip-addresses
- Network Debugging Tool for Twilio: https://networktest.twilio.com/
- General Debugging of Twilio: https://support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/223180908-How-do-I-troubleshoot-common-problems-with-Twilio-Client-
- Network Firebase Debugging: https://debug-my.firebaseapp.com/
- If you are still running into problems, please run (or have your IT team run) this debugging script embedded here: https://debug-my.firebaseapp.com/. It should only take a minute to run, then scroll down to the bottom of the results to see if any tests were unsuccessful.
Ensure Mic and Camera SSL Lock is allowed on participant browsers.
**All corporate environments are unique and we certainly understand concerns with wildcard whitelisting. Please let us know if you can not whitelist wildcard domains. Please use the below compatibility tests to help determine the level of whitelisting required for your environment
Questions? Contact Us!